The subject line would not allow the whole question

Does digital storage of images cause the public to not see the evolution of an artists printing style? DOes it cause stagnation.

Here is my opinion and experience.

I was looking at some of the images I worked on a couple of years ago. They were stored on a disk I apparently forgot to label. (I was wondering where they went because I was asked for a print) I looked at the final saved images along side the raw scan. I have to say that they do not represent how I see those same images now.

I also happen to be printing some negs on POP that I did last year. I have printed one of those negs 4 times for different people and kept a copy of each printing for myself. When compared to each other there is a difference. I could see that, even in this short a time, my printing style had changed. It was interesting to see. I kept really good notes and thought I did things the same but obviously not.

This got me thinking. When a person compares AA prints of the same subject they show an evolution in printing style. This is the case with all analog printers, I would assume. This is not the case with those images that are stored digitally and the print button is hit each time a print is to be mad. The printing is taken from the hand of the artist and given to a machine. Are we giving up evolution for ease.

Evolution of subject is not what I am thinking about. I am thinking about the evolution of printing styles.