Thread: Rodenstock Geronar 210mm f/6.8

Rodenstock Geronar 210mm f/6.8

I'm looking for a compact 210-215mm lens to use with my Speed Graphic. I came across the Geronar and read that it was a discontinued budget line from Rodenstock. I am wondering if any of you have experience with this lens and your thoughts/experiences?

Thanks.

Ed

Foamer

Re: Rodenstock Geronar 210mm f/6.8

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Vatza View Post
    I'm looking for a compact 210-215mm lens to use with my Speed Graphic. I came across the Geronar and read that it was a discontinued budget line from Rodenstock. I am wondering if any of you have experience with this lens and your thoughts/experiences?

Thanks.

Ed

I have the 300mm Geronar. It's a Tessar design. It's very nice stopped down for landscapes.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    I have the 300mm Geronar. It's a Tessar design. It's very nice stopped down for landscapes.
    Kent, are you sure? I ask because the catalog says Geronars are triplets. Use the list to find the catalog. It also says that Geronar-WA wide angle lenses are 4/4 double Gauss types.

Ed the 210/6.8 Geronar has widely been reported to be a triplet and a good lens for 4x5.

Foamer

I took a look with a pen light, and you are right. It's a triplet. I confused it with my Nikon M300. Both are small lightweight lenses that work well on a field camera.

Kent in SD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Thanks guys. I ordered the 210/6.8 Geronar and should have it by the end of the week.

Ed

I love the 210 Geronar. I have a 30x40 colour print hanging on my wall and it looks so real people go up to it and think they can feel the sand in the image.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.