In the thread below, many made reference to the "problems" Schneider had with this lens and stated those problems have been solved long ago. My experience indicates otherwise.

I first purchased the lens new Jan. '03. About a year later I sent it back to Badger Graphics, due to a fogging on the edges of the inside element. I was told it was a bad batch of glue. ??? They sent another. The first replacement would not focus properly. I could get the top or bottom of an image in focus, but not both. Back it went for another new lens. Just last month, I noticed that the SECOND REPLACEMENT was fogging, same as the original. First of October, it went back to Badger and Schneider. More glue issues.

I am now awaiting its replacement. I have a Yosemite trip coming up soon and it is not looking promising that I will have that lens for the trip. It is a great lens, sharp with a good sized image circle. I just hope Schneider can gets its glue together and get me a lens that won't fog and do it sometime soon.

If you have the 80mm, take a close look at it.