Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kodak 8.5 in f6.3 Commercial Ektar?

Re: Kodak 8.5 in f6.3 Commercial Ektar?

A piece of white paper used to see the covering circle of a lens is a good way to see what format the lens can be used for. Every one has right to measure a lens covering capability as it pleases one. Like it or not. Enough said.

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Why should ANY one accept verbal abuse under the guise of being thin skinned?

YOU realize what was written is verbal abuse and dis-respectful of facts, knowledge and wisdom gained over decades of this LF stuff.

Written text are telling of the individuals who write them.
    https://www.largeformatphotography.i...73#post1464173

Bernice

I know of no one on this forum that gives as concise & cogent answers to many questions posted here it's you Bernice. So I would suggest (ignore list) you don't let him bait you EVER. BTW I LOVE your work very much. I appreciate your images and your contributions to our forum. Thanks brother!

JEEZ! A friend of mine found the image circle in some literature to be 270mm. More than enough for 5x7. Thanks for your discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboWalker View Post
    JEEZ! ...270mm. More than enough for 5x7.
    If that is the case you would be able to see it on a piece of white paper too and easily. Bless you!

JEEZ! A friend of mine found the image circle in some literature to be 270mm. More than enough for 5x7. Thanks for your discussion.
    Well good, looks like my trigonometry was on track. 10.62 inches = 269.75 millimeters.

David

I see Kodak info that says my Kodak 8.5in f6.3 Commercial Ektar can cover a 5x7 format. I cannot find the image circle specs to see if there is much movement beyond that format. I have only used on 4x5 and it is a wonderful lens, but I may be selling it to a guy shooting 5x7. Thanks!
    https://www.pacificrimcamera.com/rl/00346/00346.pdf

Indeed, as previously posted. Been using an 8-1/2" Commercial Ektar on 5x7_13x18cm for decades. Covers GOOD with more than enough camera movement. Have yet experience a problem with image circle at any aperture (f6.3 to f22, typically f8 to f16 is used) with any camera movements applied.

Bernice

Quote Originally Posted by David Lindquist View Post
    Well good, looks like my trigonometry was on track. 10.62 inches = 269.75 millimeters.

David