Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'd like to see them make . . .

Re: I'd like to see them make . . .

A good google search term is 'trekking carts' many variations on the theme

It may be cheaper to buy one than buy wheels and make one. Some very cheap hunting carts pop up. They can carry bodies.

https://www.google.com/search?q=trek...w=1396&bih=647
    Tin Can

One thing I found annoying was using spoked wheels. Twigs and brush often get in the spokes. Solids are better.

Some very cheap hunting carts pop up. They can carry bodies.
    A good thing to remember when schlepping Guido in his concrete boots to the river.

Just how much shock will be transmitted to your equipment by pulling it in a cart over uneven terrain? Not sure I care to find out. Any first-hand experience?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by jmontague View Post
    Just how much shock will be transmitted to your equipment by pulling it in a cart over uneven terrain? Not sure I care to find out. Any first-hand experience?

In my 1st hand experience just about none. Your not exactly moving at 30mph or anything. Slowly pushing pulling and guiding has do 0 damage to my gear. In fact I might think more damage“could” occur if pack on back was smacked up against a rock wall or tree. When my pack is in my jogging buggy its protected on most sides and my cart has springs and shocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jac, I never heard of deer being called Guido even as an intentional ethnic slur.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac@stafford.net View Post
    One thing I found annoying was using spoked wheels. Twigs and brush often get in the spokes. Solids are better.

A good thing to remember when schlepping Guido in his concrete boots to the river.
    Tin Can

Louis:

Thanks for the input. I usually hike in the Rocky Mountains on very rocky trails, often with the natural version of “stairs”. Very little level ground in summer. I have seen winter hikers pulling gear on plastic sleds, but never using wheeled carts in summer. I should probably give it a try.

... a pocket TARDIS, or a TARDIS utility belt, or a TARDIS back pack. And since we’re talking about impossible science don’t tell me that mass is still a problem... it reduces too.

--- Steve from Missouri ---

Quote Originally Posted by jmontague View Post

Well I am certantly not going to drag my gear over really rough ground. I would be looking st terrwin not much more rugged than a golf course. . . .but that is just me. My vision is moving my gear without supporting the weight on my feet, saving wear and tear on my aging musculo-skelital system. So then; about anywhere one could drag the mass and weight of a full set og golf clubs in a solid bag. Another way to look at it would be about any wheel chair accessible and somewhat rougher.

Ant travel involving a trail I will leave to younger/fitter folks . . .with envious regret.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Bedo View Post
    Right now, I do bring along a hiking chair and SIT on it while working with the bag on the ground on one side and the tripod on the other side . . .opened to ~3' Hight.

I actually bought one of those chairs in that model at THE outdoor shop in Estes Park last August. Bent the legs about the 2nd time I used it . . .indoors no less. I am 5'8"/200#. Not a good product in my gook.

What I'd like to do is work standing up with the camera gear at waist Hight.
    Have you considered a projector table? They are about 15 in square with telescoping legs that snap on underneath to make it compact for transport. Probably weigh about 3 lbs and have a handle. I think I may look for one myself.