I thought I would paraphrase from the Schneider literature because these seem to me to be two totally different beasts. Many newbies may confuse them and I welcome any comments you may have about specific lenses:

Graphic-Claron or G-Claron Plasmat type: Schneider says that the G-Claron is a lens of symmetrical design with six elements in four groups optimized for 1:1 reproduction. The normally used range of linear magnification is between 5:1 and 1:5. Due to the advantageous price/performance relationship the G-Claron may also be used for distances up to infinity by stopping down to f/22 or less. For photographic work the G-Claron can be used up to an angle of 64 deg and is free from mechanical vignetting at f/16 or smaller apertures.

G-Claron WA:G-Claron WA lenses are sophisticated apo-chromatically corrected ultra-wide-angle optics designed for process cameras having limited overall height, covering very large formats. The G-Claron WA is a four-element, four component symetrical lens type designed for reproduction rations around 1:1, the recommended range of reproduction ratios lies between 2:1 and 1:2. With a focusing aperture of f/11, the G-Claron WA provides outstanding performance at working apertures of f/22. Maximum use of high performance of the G-Claron WA can be obtained if the natural loss of light of the optical System is compensated by suitable illuminating the copy.

From the above descriptions, my take is that the G-Claron is suitable for general photography, the WA is not, being specialized for 1:1 reproduction ratios up to 1:2. Does anyone else have different experiences?