I experimented a bit with LF photography back in the 1980s, graduating from class Nikon to medium format (C330), then trying LF with a venerable Calumet 4x5, and later that year a Toyo 45 field camera. Didn't amount to much, but got a taste for it. Many years later, I returned to photography when digital came out, and I kicked around a few forums. Got back into large format with a vengeance, took a hiatus for 2 years because of a stroke and complications, but am back, healthier, and now I use my DSLRs only as exposure meters or trip stuff, and pretty much spend most of my time in the field with a 4x5 Linhof, a Linhof Color, and a 5x7 Gowland Pocket view. These are shown below. I shoot other formats as well, but less rather than more at this point.

I do some studio work with a Toyo G57 and a Toyo GX in 4x5, and have just gotten into trouble with a move up to 8x10. I recently also bought a 4x5 and 8x10 Intrepid field cameras, and will use them to further confuse my life!

I have too many cameras (I collect), too many lenses (collect these, too), and and a haphazard sloppy kind of photographer because I never know what I'm doing, but I have fun! And once in a while I produce a worthwhile shot. But I'm basically here to learn.

I'm a professional symphony musician by trade, and have been concertmaster of 3 orchestras. I'm now retired from playing, teach and conduct a large regional amateur orchestra in Prince George, BC. I mess around with photography as much as I can. See you all around the forum.