Thread: Question about Linhof Kardan Super Color (sub)model

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question about Linhof Kardan Super Color (sub)model

After starting out with wetplate photography, I remembered that I have still a 4x5“ Linhof camera in the basement. It was a gift but I really never got around using it since after photo school I pretty much switched to digital or analog medium format at the most.

But now I really want to use it again - for film as well as wetplate since this would be (along with a RB67) the only camera with aperture for wetplate which can be quite useful in some instances.

I really need a new bellows for it and more lenses so I wanted to start up reading about the camera, if it is compatible with other models etc pp to know what lenses and bellow to buy. But I have a problem identifying the model.

As you can see it reads Linhof Kardan Super Color. But when I google for it I see that there a several sub models. The problem is that the rail looks like from a 45s (https://www.flickr.com/photos/135024932@N08/22007953398) but the screws etc look like the normal Kardan Super Color although the rail doesn’t fit (http://linhof.com/wp-content/uploads...uper-Color.jpg).

Does it matter anyway? Or is the only difference apart from the color the style of the rail? And is that system compatible (bellows, lenses/lensboards) with any other system?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails linhof.jpg