I use a now discontinued Gitzo carbon fiber 3530S which was the 3 section legs (only two locks each leg) that came without a center column, just that round plate that you can directly screw on the arca Z1, (which I also use, and don't plan to ever part with). I think the closest equivalent they sell now is this:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._ser_3_3s.html

It only goes up to 50 inches high, which depending on your height can be a little low, and I guess it's only a tad lighter than the manfrotto you have now. But I found the height was perfect for me with a 5x7 Deardorff (the camera adds the needed height), I'm 5'11".

It's super stable and while I usually prefer to use the center column (which I picked up years later) when hiking for ultimate pared down set up it's pretty good. I think this would be way more stable than what you are using now, and IMO a stable tripod does much more for sharper negs than any APO glass does. I would never go back to using a tripod that had more than 2 leg locks after using this for 10 years.

Drew may also have a point about the head. It weighs a lot, and although I love it and always use it when I hike or travel, (I use plain old Bogen 4047 3- way when in town) if I was setting up a camping minimalist tripod I'd look into just using a leveling base. ( although I think he does use a tripod?)

I remember finding one on the web several years ago that looked fantastic, think it was some obscure swiss or European company, it had two tightening knobs instead of the usual one but looked rock solid and ultralight, can't for the life of me remember what it was called.