Thread: OK... it works...

OK... it works...

My recent hand wringing over 4x5 vs 120 while traveling has reminded me how useless worrying over minutae really can be sometimes.

I'm in South Asia on business this week. I have my Anba 4x5, two lenses (11oXL, 200Nikkor M), Kodak Readyloads (TMax100), and other stuff to make a really light kit. In the off-hours I am all over the city and into the countryside and I'm making a few images. Whee...

It appears that I have been worrying over nothing. The kit is not big. The kit is not bulky. And the kit is certainly not exceedingly slow to use. In fact, I'm able to crank out images at an acceptable rate. I'm not slowing my colleagues down very much (which was a major point of concern). And everyone is having a good time. Yes, I'm attracting a boatload of attention. But thus far it's OK.

On Wed I'm off on a 6hour round trip to someplace that promises to provide the opportunity for fun photo-making. In LF these areas should yield pleasing thing. I just need to keep my head about me and remember the basics of composition and LF image control.

Life is good. So what was I all worked up about? The mind can be a terrible thing to over-stimulate.

OK... it works...

we all too often over-plan and over-analyze, sometime loosing sight of the realities of what we are planning for. i'm glad to hear that your kit is working out... enjoy your time over there and come home with some wonderful experiences and photos to share!

scott

OK... it works...

Congratulations, Christopher. But, your Anba doesn't have auto-focus and multi-segment matrix metering for auto exposure? Gosh, how can you get by? ;-)

OK... it works...

Engaging in a lot of hand wringing before a projected project may be the reason that you are enjoying such easy success now. Have fun.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

OK... it works...

Hi Chris,
    Actually that sounds like a perfect set-up for China. Be sure to have your friends make pictures of your interactions with your photo subjects and crowds of people - sometimes "the process shot" is the favorite photo.

Stay cool...