Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Here's a very thorough ball head round-up from a couple of years ago: https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/bat...l-heads-tested

Contact me by email if you have any questions about the FLM ball head; I've used them with 8x10 and smaller for five years.
Rock-solid, with the tilt lock feature, adds up to a very stable, easily repeatable support system.
Sorry but this is not a thorough tease. It is a test, apparently, of what was available in whatever country the theater was living in! For instance, no mention that the Novoflex Classic Ball 3 is supplied with a fully automatic locking, Arca style QR, no mention of that type of release even being available and that release predates the Q release that was tested!
No mention of the Large Giottos ball head that is available with an Arca style QR! No mention of the Linhof Profi 3 which accepts any type QR and today is available with an Arca type!
And, please bear in mind, Ari is the North American distributor for FLM, just as I, until early 2015, was the distributor for Linhof, Novoflex, Berlebach and Giottos.