Apologize if this is off topic.
I've used Ifranview as my initial scan software for more than ten years. Tens of thousands of scans.
A month ago began a project to scan an approximate 30k in A120 negatives. (scanner is Microtek i900).
I'm scanning two side by side negatives at one time to save time (there is virtually no difference in the time required (to scan) for a single A120 as the time required for two A120s (i900).

Scans take in the neighborhood of 12-15 minutes at 2400DPI.
The 130meg+ files cause Ifranview to do weird things (must be a memory limitation as PhotoShop handle the large files fine)

On occasion I get a sort of crash, rather a popup for an end of Sub-folders directory.
If I click on the popup, get a subscreen with hordes of RAW file options and eventually the screen closes and I lose the open (non saved) scan requiring another scan and lost time.
I've tried Ifranview forums, hlp and google for solutions and none fo the keyboard shortcuts allow me to save (not lose) the open scan.

I've finally realized that what I'm doing is accidentally rolling the mouse roller wheel to the next directory, however unable to determine how to close and save my scan?

Might anybody understand all this and possibly have a solution?