Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuji Film in Polaroid 545 holder

Fuji Film in Polaroid 545 holder

"The Polaroid holders are significantly bulkier and heavier than the Kodak and Fuji holders. Last time I checked prices, they were significantly more expensive, too."

Yes, but if you've been shooting for a while, the odds of your already owning a 545 are pretty good. And if it works for all 3 formats, so much the better.

As it is, my black and white work is all type 55 at this stage. So, when shooting I'm already bringing my back. I didn't see enough of a difference to warrant bringing an additional back (fuji's or kodak's) even though I own one (the older kodak model).

But that is just for me. Obviously everybody has their own method, kit and carry requirements.

Fuji Film in Polaroid 545 holder

Yes, but if you've been shooting for a while, the odds of your already owning a 545 are pretty good.

Sure, that's a good point. Of course, if you've been shooting for a while, the odds of you owning a readyload or quickload holder are good, too, but I agree with your point.

And if it works for all 3 formats, so much the better.

Right. My point is that a readyload or quickload in the Polaroid holder (at least both of my Polaroid holders) results in a film positioning error of about 1mm.

So I'd urge anyone considering using the Polaroid holder to measure the film position first and compare that measurement to their measurement of a regular holder.

Re: Fuji Film in Polaroid 545 holder

Hello everyone. I hope no one minds me hijacking this 5 year old thread.

As a continuation of the above discussion after the fall of Polaroid, can anyone tell me if they are using any current production instant film for 4x5 photography? I am interested in using instant black & white but I can't figure out if there is any product available on the market that I can use with the cameras I currently have on hand.

I have been asking about the old Polaroid 545i holders and compatibility with current production Fuji films but it doesn't look like Fuji makes a single sheet instant film that works with it. I've also looked at the Kodak instant back that originally allowed 4x5 cameras to use PR10 instant film but again there doesn't seem to be any current production instant film that can be used with that holder.

The current Fujifilm pack film holder that takes FP-100B instant film packs appear to be too thick to use in a spring back press camera like the older 545i holders could.

My intention is to use instant B&W film with Speed Graphic (spring back) press camera and possibly in my Graphic View field camera (also a spring back). Is anyone doing this today? If so how so? Are there any conversions or hacks that will allow for it?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=Fragomeni;614987]Hello everyone. I hope no one minds me hijacking this 5 year old thread.

I'm in the same boat so to speak. Now that Fuji is making instant film packs, we should be able to use either the FP100 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 or new colour film 4x5 with the 545 or 545ii backs.

But I think you require a Graflok back for this?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

The Fuji FP100 products cannot be used in the 545 holders. The packs are pack film, not sheet film. The 545 holder can be used with Kodak Readyload or Fuji Quickload sheet film.

You will need to use a Polaroid 550 with the FP100-45.

Hello, I have still the older 545 holder which I used with Pola 72 to make proofs. It was great because I could see exactly what I was getting before shooting with 4x5 film.

Which Fujifilm are you talking about that fits the 545 holder?

Regards,
    Bogdan K

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

There is [b]no[/i] Fuji film for the 545 holder.

The only Polaroid holders that work with the Fuji film are the 550 and 450 pack holders.
    "It's the way to educate your eyes. Stare. Pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something. You are not here long." - Walker Evans