Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ilford Price Increase

Re: Ilford Price Increase

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmees View Post
    Of course, the recent increase of Ilford prices(Paper & Film), will increase also instability of the whole market film prices.
    Expect to say goodby to a $1 per sheet era soon!
    If that happened, while we still see revival of photography since few years, it means an irreversible declining of the whole market.
    As we all go older with time, become unable to carry LF kit, need the money for our health or children, I think it's advisable to keep a medium format kit in case the transition from LF to MF is the only way to keep you photographer in the least meaning.
    As per this moment of time, we still can enjoy photography at less than $0.5 per shot(Arista/Foma 120 Roll: $4.29).
    Oh, for goodness sake - not again! This is the attitude of the cheapskate dilettante. Photography is expensive, large format even more so, but even then, it's cheaper than a lot of art materials.

Well-said Interneg. If the prices of food & fuel and other commodities rise, how can we expect film prices to stay static? Photography as an art, pastime or hobby, whichever you choose to identify with, is much cheaper than many others.

Still, some of us are deliberate in every single exposure, getting it just right and then the costs of, say, TMY aren't such an issue. But others like to have the freedom to expose without having to worry about costs. It's a shame if we whine about costs; it's equally about shame if we miss an image because we're not entirely sure about if it'll work and we therefore decide to save the sheet for later. Different strokes for different folks!

I just ordered 3 boxes of Ilford FP4+ 8x10 from B&H. $109.90 a box, no shipping charge, no tax. Ordered on Thursday, should be here in my area of the left coast by Tuesday.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

25 sheets of Delta 100 in 8x10 is 286,000 won in Seoul at the official Ilford stockist (at present, $257 according to xe.com). It's £144.32 at Silverprint ($190). Who is actually buying Ilford 8x10 outside the USA? Even with price raises, Americans are getting a far better deal than anyone else. Be thankful for what you've got!

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

At present I can afford the price of 8x10 film but the supreme court ruling on internet tax right on top of the Ilford price increase raised my price for a box of Delta 100 from $117 to $154. That's a hefty increase in my opinion. If you're unable to work and living on a fixed income like social security you will feel it.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    At present I can afford the price of 8x10 film but the supreme court ruling on internet tax right on top of the Ilford price increase raised my price for a box of Delta 100 from $117 to $154. That's a hefty increase in my opinion. If you're unable to work and living on a fixed income like social security you will feel it.
    Film is not going to get any cheaper.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Definitely not going to get any cheaper. Although its cost is not an issue for me I find myself being more conservative in its use and have been resisting the urge to take that 2d negative for "insurance." Shoot, if a scratch gets on the negative I can take it out at printing.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Alan9940 View Post
    I believe those GP3 prices posted above were a promotional thing. I just recently bought some GP3 120 rolls and they were definitely NOT $3.20 per roll.
    Hope the following quote can help.
    Quote Originally Posted by scm View Post
    , the email for the seller is ecbuyonline@foxmail.com
    Below, confirmed prices again:
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmees View Post
    Regardless number of sheets per box, Per Sheet 4X5 prices:
    Arista Ortho(3.9X4.9): $0.27
    Shanghai(direct/No Ebay): $0.92
    Arista Edu: $1
    Fomapan100: $1
    Shanghai(ebay): $1.15
    Pancro400: $1.25
    FP4+: $1.46
    HP5+: $1.5
    Delta100: $1.6
    Ilf Ortho: $1.8
    TMx: $2
    RPX: $2
    TXP: $2.4
    TMY2: $2.6
    A friend ordered for me some 4X5 film plus 120 Rolls, just arrived.
    Super careful packaging, triple packaging(plus courier envelope), fresh batch of film and a clear printed warning message to Customs not to open light sensitive materials in the most internal packaging material.
    Checked invoices, and yes $23 per 25 sheets of 4X5 film, and $3.2 per 120 roll, plus reasonably priced Express service.
    I should say: Trustworthy Professional group.
    Wish the seller maintain the same prices.
    Price of almost 3 sheets of Shanghai film for the price of only one(1) sheet of TMY2 film.
    That's really big gap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3035.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	180143
    BTW and IMHO,
    Herd mentality may be good horse for politics and commerce, But not good for Artists at all.
    In this community(and any photography based community), I believe it's good for the future and wellbeing of film and much appropriate, to encourage emerging manufacturers and who keep lower price for the longest possible time.
    While film market leaders keep escalating prices, hopefully only few still can not realize that the biggest thread(if not one of) in this LFPF forum IS about using X-ray as a photographic medium! Let alone realizing WHY? and HOW?
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...example-images
    Started: April 2009.
    Number of posts: Approaching 5100 posts, so far.
    My 2c.
    Last edited by Thalmees; 5-Jul-2018 at 11:33. Reason: Editing link and adding photo

The generosity of spirit in this forum is great, its warmly appreciated.
    ------------------------------

Check it out! Ilford 8x10 is back down to $114.95!

-Joshua