Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 760mm Apo Nikkor f/11 vs Nikkor-T ED 800mm f/12

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

Re: 760mm Apo Nikkor f/11 vs Nikkor-T ED 800mm f/12

Here's an image of Upper Yosemite Falls I shot with the 760mm AN a couple of weeks ago:

It was taken on a mildly windy afternoon (~8-10mph) on a Toyo Robos at a distance of about 1600 feet from the base of the wall with a shutter speed of 1/25 sec and an aperture of ~f32. Plenty sharp to my eye - I wouldn't want to use this lens for portraiture.

Reminds me of the Carthaginian General Hannibal who also was one-eyed.

Thomas
    Last edited by tgtaylor; 9-Apr-2022 at 13:15.

Drew Wiley

Bernice - I once did business with Spectra back when serious construction and survey lasers were coming into their own. It was a bouncy ride in that category, and they did better with high price-point laser like those used for leveling big irrigation circles, mounted atop big automated graders. Haven't kept up with it since then.

Per the 760 AN. I never got around to mounting mine on a board. It's awfully heavy and awkward compared to my 600C Fuji, especially if I ever found a shutter big enough for it.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

I got lucky and found one in pristine condition for $750 on ebay that was mounted in an Ilex 5 shutter that was also in good condition . It was priced at 1100 or $1200 but remained unsold for some time. I offered $750 which was accepted. I've watched the ebay listings since then but have not seen one in as good condition whether it was mounted or not. I later discovered out that the lens was actually offered for sale on this forum for several months before the ebay listing for $1200 but it never sold - probably never even got a bite. It came mounted on a wooden probably a Kodak D2 board which I remounted on a Toyo metal board. The lens is heavy - but not too heavy - and wrapped in a domke lens wrap takes up one of the three top pockets I set up for lenses in my 8x10 pack.

Thomas
    Last edited by tgtaylor; 9-Apr-2022 at 14:29.