Suzelle's Easter Break is winding down, so we packed a picnic lunch and went to Yosemite National Park for a last hurrah this morning.
A friend who is a ranger in the Valley warned us that traffic is so bad right now it takes 3-4 hours just to drive around the Valley, so Happy Isles is out, Plan B then, would be the Wawona Historical park just inside the South Gate. We took a walk up to grand old Wawonuhhh I mean Big Trees Hotel to work up an appetite and low and behold, the Historic massive white wooden Adirondack chairs that graced the Great Lawn ever since the glacier receeded has been replaced by piddly, flimsy resin plastic replica-oids!
If anyone here has had the pleasure of sitting down in a real Adirondack, you know what I mean. They are marvels of wood working, heavier than a ships anchor, and big on comfort. I've often thought of photographing one with the 8x10 as an homage but I guess that's not going to happen. The Wawona Adirondacks had been around for so long that they likely kissed the rumps of Presidents Woodrow Wilson and Teddy Roosevelt.

It's an outrage!