Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I WAS ROBBED!

I WAS ROBBED!

My condolences.

Do you have a record of the serial numbers? That's a big help to the police, who will circulate them to the pawn shops and camera stores if you can give them a list.

I've also engraved my drivers license number on all my medium format gear, which not only makes them easier to track down but may also have something of a deterrent effect.

A word to the wise and all that....maybe such tricks will help someone else avoid your pain.

I WAS ROBBED!

Does a Canham 8x10 have a serial number? Can't be that many out there so that item would be the easiest to track. I know my old Wista and Ikeda cameras don't have any numbers. Maybe I should add my own.

I WAS ROBBED!

Dang jeff, Your a jerk. I've had both happen to me and both are violations. plain and simple.

Andrew, Sorry to hear about the loss.

I WAS ROBBED!

Somewhere I read a passage written by H.D. Thoreau that said something to the effect that : "everything you get, you trade for something called life".

If a 90 year old man was murdered, that it could be proven only had one year to live, we would still call it murder, but steal material things someone traded a year's worth of his life to get, and their just "things" that can be replaced.

I always suspect that people that take the attitude (no one here is) that "it's only money", haven't gone through what I have to get mine, to get theirs.

With my Linhof, I spent 12 hours just replaceing the leather.

I wouldn't shoot somebody to stop them from stealing it, but I would sure WANT to.

I WAS ROBBED!

Hi Andrew

I can't begin to understand how violated you and your family must feel. Please accept my heartfelt sympathies. I will, of course, keep an eye for the gear.

Steve.

www.landscapesofwales.co.uk

I WAS ROBBED!

Andrew,

I will be praying for you and your family. I too will keep my eyes open on eBay for you concerning your gear. If you find it totally unthinkable to obtain another large format camera, I would consider sending you my Wisner 5x7" Tech that has a 4x5" reduction back and a few #1 lensboards that I do not use until you can get more gear. Email me if it comes to that.

Kind regards,
    Darlene Boharsik

I WAS ROBBED!

Andrew,

You certainly have symphony from all of us (except for one schmuck). If you don't mind sharing, where do you live? Are you in the city, country, etc.? I will keep a lookout on Ebay as well!

Regards,

J. P. Mose

I WAS ROBBED!

Andrew.... My deepest sympathies as well, I was the victim of a car robbery last three months. Luckily, police found the day after, but they rip all wheels and radio.. My case just only car, but you...can not even compare,… I'm so sorry.. My house have ADT system since two years, now I feel, I should keep it… I’ll keep eyes for your stuffs.

I WAS ROBBED!

Quite possibly the stores you bought from may have records of the serial numbers. Especially for the Canham 8x10, if you bought it directly from KeithC.

Best of luck putting this behind you and moving forward.

I WAS ROBBED!

Is it too paranoid to buy a one of those big gun safes?
    Supposedly some have an electric dehumidfier inside.