Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are Insane Genius Photographers?

Re: Where are Insane Genius Photographers?

It's hard to live with. My mom has always had problems but refuses help. It seemed to run in her family with some or maybe all of the females to different degrees. One sister took medication for it and was very successful in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    It's hard to live with. My mom has always had problems but refuses help. It seemed to run in her family with some or maybe all of the females to different degrees. One sister took medication for it and was very successful in life.
    It can be very hard. With my second wife, I kept a daily diary. Years of it. I forgive transgression pretty quickly and move on. I try not to read them, but they are 10 feet away right now.

Marnie was a magnificent portrait painter.

I evaluated mental disorders for Social Security Disability for 27 years and always had great empathy for the claimants. On a personal level, I drove my cousin to a psych unit one night, as she had Major Depression and was experiencing a psychotic break at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhoundbob View Post
    I evaluated mental disorders for Social Security Disability for 27 years and always had great empathy for the claimants. On a personal level, I drove my cousin to a psych unit one night, as she had Major Depression and was experiencing a psychotic break at that point.
    Driving can be real bad. I had one wife and one brother try to go out the window while I was driving. Makes it difficult to drive and hold them back...or even stop. See I forgot about that. One was 37 years ago and the other 50 years ago.

and now we have a tornado watch

Mike Disfarmer told people at various points apparently without irony that he’d arrived in Arkansas via some sort of alien abduction. He changed his name from Meyer to Disfarmer because he thought that Meyer was German for farmer and he didn’t have any interest in being a farmer.

Cameron Cornell
    Washington State
    www.analogportraiture.com

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Driving can be real bad. I had one wife and one brother try to go out the window while I was driving. Makes it difficult to drive and hold them back...or even stop. See I forgot about that. One was 37 years ago and the other 50 years ago.

and now we have a tornado watch
    It was only a 40 mile drive from Litchfield to Springfield, but it seemed to take forever. She was decompensating by the minute, exhibiting classic signs of paranoid delusions and was crying uncontrollably by the time my ex and I got her to the psych unit. She had intractable depression unfazed by every antidepressant known to man at the time, which was in the 80s. She agreed to ECT aka "shock treatments", which drastically improved her condition leading to her discharge two weeks later.

Randy, since moving here in 2012, I can't begin to tell you how many times my weather radio alarm has sounded. Fortunately, none have come to fruition in this immediate area.

[url][....] Both my wives were mentally ill, which I failed to notice until I married them.
    You were marinated in the lifestyle, inevitable economic duress of artists. I understand. Been there. My wife's mind degraded with a profound advancement of Multiple Sclerosis and she eventually died. Then I went mad. All is well now.

Peace to you, Randy. You are living your third of many possible lives. It will all work out for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhoundbob View Post
    It was only a 40 mile drive from Litchfield to Springfield, but it seemed to take forever. She was decompensating by the minute, exhibiting classic signs of paranoid delusions and was crying uncontrollably by the time my ex and I got her to the psych unit. She had intractable depression unfazed by every antidepressant known to man at the time, which was in the 80s. She agreed to ECT aka "shock treatments", which drastically improved her condition leading to her discharge two weeks later.

Randy, since moving here in 2012, I can't begin to tell you how many times my weather radio alarm has sounded. Fortunately, none have come to fruition in this immediate area.
    I was here for the 1970 tornado. It took out 1/2 the cDaleMall. Never been in one, nowhere to go.

I was here for the 1970 tornado. It took out 1/2 the cDaleMall. Never been in one, nowhere to go.
    I got caught up in one in Kansas about 25 years ago on the way to Colorado. That was enough for me. I'm sure you are hearing the same rain, high winds and thunder currently that we are.

My siding was flapping!