Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Focusing cloth

Focusing cloth

Herb, I can't think of anything Spaten won't cure:

http://spatenusa.com/

However, what about one of those mylar space blanket thingies for working under the sun?

http://www.healthyharvest.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3156

Focusing cloth

When I described my ideal dark cloth to my wife, she almost laughed. One day she came home with the solution: an XXXL black T-Shirt she got at a garage sale. I just wish it didn't say Harley-Davidson all over it.

Focusing cloth

check with photographers formulary... they have excellent dark cloths for large cameras. they have one as large as 5' x 7'... not cheap, but VERY good. have them add velcro fastners.

http://www.photoformulary.com/DesktopModules/StoreProductDetails.aspx?productID=885&tabid=9&tabindex=2&categoryid=81&selection=0&langId=0

good luck,
    scott

Focusing cloth

"check with photographers formulary... they have excellent dark cloths for large cameras. they have one as large as 5' x 7'... not cheap, but VERY good. have them add velcro fastners.

The big Formulary dark cloths are very well made. You can even have them made with magnetic ties instead of velcro if you like. The big 5X7' one works very nicely with ULF cameras. I havce one of these and use it a lot instead of the lighter clothes and there are definitely many situations where they are more useful.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Focusing cloth

If fabricating one completely out of duct tape doesn't work, try grabbing whatever is covering your sofa.

In the olden days a photographer would use the hide of a buffalo for a dark cloth which also had the added benefit of allowing the photographer to sneak up on a herd without spooking them. There were occasional reports of problems during mating season though. Talk about over exposure.

Focusing cloth

The dark cloth measures 96" (wide) x 60" (front to back) hemmed. Two layers of black, one of white. Makes a great pad for carrying a 35-pound 12x20. (My camera is a 12x20 with an 8x20 back.)

Focusing cloth

I'm currently working on a new dark cloth. ( well the wife is actually) I found a real nice lightweight, two -ply Gortex material that is white on one side and black on the other. I'm lining it with a very opaque black china silk . This will be to fit my 8x20. Last thing I need is a jacket to keep me dry in case it rains. I want something to keep the camera dry. Lightweight, breathable, and waterproof ( and of course dark) just about covers the criteria I set when I started.

Focusing cloth

I got Photographers Formulary's largest dark cloth about a month ago. The size is right on, and somewhat hefty which I like. It is not 100% light proof, maybe 95%-98% opaque and that seems fine too. Like Michael said, it makes a great shoulder pad to carry the camera with the tripod still attached!

Focusing cloth

Forgot ta say it is two sheets of cotton fabric, one white and other side black. Nothing Sci-Fi about it.

Focusing cloth

Having looked thru Sandy Kings 12X20 with the 5X7 Photographers Formulary's darkcloth. I found it to be just about the right size. Also after using it I got one just like it 5'X5' for my 8X10. I got the one with magnets instead of velcro. Works good for me.