Currently I go into photoshop as each file is like 1.8 GB in size from the scanner and use Camera Raw to do the initial conversion and editing and finish off with PS. I would like to use Capture One to replace Camera Raw step since it is similar in some respects to LR and keeps a catalogue DB like LR. I would use this only for my film stuff as I use LR for cataloguing and processing only going to PS for the tough ones or something that LR doesn't offer.

Plus, getting a color negative just right is not easy sometimes. I was playing with the Colornegative plug in for PS, but didn't get good vibes from it. Seems limited on how you edit and move around the image. Camera Raw is good, can do the initial conversion and editing and sometimes get most of the way there.

LR uses ACR as well, but with files approaching 2GB and larger, I think I want something that can handle these large files better, plus it will keep my digital work DB separate from my film DB. Yeah, I know I can have more than one DB in LR, but even LR has limitations on working with large files and difficult images.

Any input is appreciated.