I'm on maybe an over the top quest to save weight for a 4x5 backpacking load-out.

I know the typical adage is buy the biggest filters for your largest size needed and use step downs but that does seem to add weight and overall fuss. Right now I'll need multiple step-ups to do that and am trying to find the best options.

For this trip I'll be bringing just my Fujinon 150mm 5.6 which has a 52mm ring. It's annoyingly the only lens I have that uses that size (others are 49, 58, 62, 77 if memory serves, across multiple camera systems). And it looks like most wide and tele 4x5 lenses use other sizes. But it looks like filters in that size are pretty cheap, relatively speaking. A Hoya HD CP is $38 which feels worth it in knowing I then only need a single step-up ring for my Hitech filter holder and I use CPs fairly often.

So I was thinking of buying colored resin filters since they seem to be around 15g (based on ND filters I have in the same size). Certainly lighter weight than the larger colored filters, though it looks like the Tiffen 52mm colored filters are a hard to believe 9 grams according to Amazon. I plan on taking 2, maybe 3, colored filters (YEL-8, RED-25 and maybe a YEL-15 or an Orange-21). So that shakes out to be:

30-45g for the resin
18-27g for Tiffen (assuming they are actually 9g each)
52g-76g using my current larger yel-8 and red-25 filters (and buying a larger YEL-15)

I also thought about using gel filters but have had trouble finding them, figuring out how they could be used with my Hitech 85mm filter setup, and have no idea their weight.

So I think the best option given the above is probably the resin though curious what other folks might think?