Who has a 6.5 x 8.5 field camera? I have one, an Scovill Albion Field camera (1880's-90's) with its original Rochester Victor lens- which I have restored and use on occasion---however, I have had to make the following adjustments/alterations. 1. Since film of this size (Ilford) is a rarity & costly, I have resorted to using 5x7 film inserts (Rochester) in the original film holders---hence my negatives are 5x7 Ilford film. 2. Since Scovill 6.5 x 8.5 film holders are also a very rare commodity, (I have yet to see any on Ebay), I have had to resort to using Rochester 6.5 x 8.5 film holders which a woodsmith has had to slightly alter to accommodate the Scovill camera---There are some issues holding the Rochester film holders in place against the Scovill camera--some issues with the camera set at horizontal or vertical, however, I have managed to circumvent these minor issues.

I am still in the testing stages regarding the original lens---to use or not. I only have 2 Rochester film holders (4 sheets of film total), so testing is a long process.

As an alternative, I have made a lens board, and could use another lens besides the Rochester Victor lens--a modern Ilex 152mm which has produced good negatives on a 4x5 camera. I have as yet not determined which way to go regarding lenses, but since I only have 4 sheets of film, perhaps I should be using a trusted modern lens as compared to the Victor lens itself. Your thoughts?

So who is using this sized film camera/s? and your situation.

Raymond