Thread: Recognizing dagor type G-Clarons

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Recognizing dagor type G-Clarons

I recently came by a dagor type 150/9 G-Claron and wondered what we collectively know about telling dagor type G-Clarons from plasmat types. There's been disagreement about using a serial number test (what is the last dagor type s/n?) and about the existence of 355/9 dagor types. Here's the answer:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AggQfcczvHGN0kIjB_63NhzCEsV5 This link is to a spreadsheet that summarizes what I found. It is in the list.

Short form, there are indeed 355/9 dagor types. The usual serial number test (>12,000,000 = plasmat) isn't quite right. Its close but there are dagor types with serial numbers > 12,000,000 and plasmat types with serial numbers < 12,000,000. 11,000,000, as was suggested in some of the posts I read, definitely isn't where the change occurred. And the two types have different front and rear filter threads, focal length for focal length.

When a G-Claron is in hand, the reflections test still works. Four strong, no weak reflections from each cell = plasmat, two strong and two weak, often hard to see, = dagor.
    Last edited by Dan Fromm; 1-Feb-2018 at 04:56. Reason: afterthought