Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Fresh dry plates in a variety of sizes

Re: Fresh dry plates in a variety of sizes

Quote Originally Posted by Nodda Duma View Post
    Sounds good. I can toss in a couple extra sized to lantern slides for you to play with. I have dimensions for lanterns of 3.25" x 3.25". You're saying 3.25x4, correct?.
    Yes 3.25 X 4.00. I have 2 NOS holders that size. I can use them in a Korona.

As another note. My Ikon Trona 212 holders take standard 1/4 plate so now 2 cameras to shoot.

Your Etsy store shows 30 orders, but I cannot find my first order to review. My new order is closed to review until 1/31/2018.

Perhaps you rearranged the store and lost some reviews.

What size plate is 2.25 X 3.25 I have a few kinds of those also. One type at hand right now is Mamiya x 3 DDS made in Linhof style with removable film sheaths. They can be used on Mamiya RB and as normal DDS on 2x3 cameras.

Pretty rare are Hasselblad 2.5X2.5" film holders which may be best used with a 1mm thick glass. If you include a 2.5x2.5 of your normal glass I will check fit..

Btw, does anybody have a "ninth-plate" sized camera? 2" x 2.5"? I'm cutting a ton of these from scraps and need to dump them on someone. :P

Edit: Also can I ask a favor? You folks who have bought plates through my Etsy store and have tried out the plates ... could you go there and pop in a review for me (hopefully with 5 stars!)?

My wife pointed out that if people like the plates so much then why don't I have any stars in my store... There was a wager made ... You will help me get a free steak dinner.

Thanks!
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Suggestion, if I may - does your scraps allow for a 2 1/4 square? A workshop on wet/dry plates at my alma mater included shooting some 2 1/4 plates in a Holga. Students had a lot of fun with that size.
    Yeah, it depends on what I'm cutting out of the sheet. Half the time it seems to be 2" wide, the other time I'll get 2 1/2" wide. If I knew there was a customer for 2 1/4 plates, then I'd cut some of the scraps to that size.
    Newly made large format dry plates available! Look:
    https://www.pictoriographica.com

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Your Etsy store shows 30 orders, but I cannot find my first order to review. My new order is closed to review until 1/31/2018.

Perhaps you rearranged the store and lost some reviews.

What size plate is 2.25 X 3.25 I have a few kinds of those also. One type at hand right now is Mamiya x 3 DDS made in Linhof style with removable film sheaths. They can be used on Mamiya RB and as normal DDS on 2x3 cameras.

Pretty rare are Hasselblad 2.5X2.5" film holders which may be best used with a 1mm thick glass. If you include a 2.5x2.5 of your normal glass I will check fit..
    I'm am not a wiz at Etsy by any means, so anything is possible. Thanks for looking, though.

Here is the chart that I reference for plate sizes.

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Plate_Sizes

2 1/4 x 3 1/4 is 120 film size (~6x9). That is close to "sixth plate" size of 2.5" x 3.5".

I'm am not a wiz at Etsy by any means, so anything is possible. Thanks for looking, though.

Here is the chart that I reference for plate sizes.

http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/Plate_Sizes

2 1/4 x 3 1/4 is 120 film size (~6x9). That is close to "sixth plate" size of 2.5" x 3.5".
    That document has errors. Right away I see problems with 3-1/4 X 4-1/4 listed as 3x4 film. There were both sizes.
    And tonight I found a Lantern Slide mistake they are propagating. Hasselblad sizes not listed. I didn't look farther.

In post #6 I indicate what to look for in older plate holders that you might see for sale on eBay (or similar places).
    -Jason
    Thank you! I missed that when reading through this fascinating thread.

Rob

Just to confirm that the standard lantern glass slides (I have both Ilford and Gevaert in front of me from the 1960's) is 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" or 82x82mm. But other sizes may exist.

Taking about lantern glass, I have exposed one to-day from a packet that must be either from the 50's or 60's. This was to check my darkroom operations with glass plates and trying out hardener in the water stop bath. I assume that these old plates were of similar "Speed" to the new production. I used 3 secs at F.20 and got a very satisfactory exposure which emerged after about 2 minutes.

Perhaps glass plates have longer life that film based emulsion?

I can confirm my belief that these plates have no notches (Or similar) to indicate emulsion side and the edges are raw cut finish. The lighest of touches tells you which side has the emulsion!

I am certain I read there were various sizes for Lantern Slides. I researched the projectors on eBay. I posted a found one exactly one year ago today. Then a member here identified the location of the image! This one is from memory perhaps 3X3".

1-Magic Lantern slide Elizabeth St NYC by moe.randy, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    Just to confirm that the standard lantern glass slides (I have both Ilford and Gevaert in front of me from the 1960's) is 3 1/4 x 3 1/4" or 82x82mm. But other sizes may exist.

Taking about lantern glass, I have exposed one to-day from a packet that must be either from the 50's or 60's. This was to check my darkroom operations with glass plates and trying out hardener in the water stop bath. I assume that these old plates were of similar "Speed" to the new production. I used 3 secs at F.20 and got a very satisfactory exposure which emerged after about 2 minutes.

Perhaps glass plates have longer life that film based emulsion?

I can confirm my belief that these plates have no notches (Or similar) to indicate emulsion side and the edges are raw cut finish. The lighest of touches tells you which side has the emulsion!
    I plan to test that theory soon, as I will have both NOS and new 1/4 Plate shortly. I'll expose both the same and obviously process the same. Show and Tell will follow.

Fresh dry plates in a variety of sizes

On the oddball sizes, all you have to do is measure the dimensions of your holder and I can cut them to whatever size is needed to fit in them. It's the popular sizes that I just wanna make sure fits in every holder out there.