Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How about the Rodenstock Geronar WA 90mm/F8 lens ?

Re: How about the Rodenstock Geronar WA 90mm/F8 lens ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bernice Loui View Post
    Real world example of Cognitive Bias:

https://betterhumans.coach.me/cognit...t-55a472476b18

And yes, no force on Earth can or will alter what one WANTS to believe..

Bernice
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    Thanks so much for supplying this. It resolves some things, but not others. The main point is that some, and perhaps most, Geronars are multi-coated.

However, I can't make out the date on the bottom. Here is my Rodenstock lit from 1984.

Attachment 173002

Interestingly, the Geronars in your lit are four elements, and in mine (left) they are three elements. Plus, the WA Geronar in your lit is three elements, and in mine (right) it is four. Plus, my lit does not mention multi-coating, while yours does.

I bet Dan would like a copy of your lit.

So what we know at this point is that some Geronars are three element and some are four and some are multi-coated -- and there are some variations over some time.

That settles that.
    Joe, learn to read. I found the catalog yesterday and added a link to it to the list. Yesterday. Today I posted the link by itself in post # 62 in this discussion.

The catalog shows three triplet Geronars, 150/6.3, 210/6.8 and 300/0 and one 4/4 double Gauss type Geronar WA, 90/8.

Bob, Berkey seems to have got it right. You need to read more carefully too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Joe, learn to read. I found the catalog yesterday and added a link to it to the list. Yesterday. Today I posted the link by itself in post # 62 in this discussion.

The catalog shows three triplet Geronars, 150/6.3, 210/6.8 and 300/0 and one 4/4 double Gauss type Geronar WA, 90/8.

Dan,

I never stated that they got it wrong. Only that Joe doesn’t seem to want to accept anything that he personally doubts. Sorry if it came out as otherwise.
    But Berkey’s accuracy was not always perfect.

Would be enough to buy a Geronar 90mm/ƒ8, disassemble it to find it to be MC or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post

Dan,

I can read, thank you, and the material I have (1984) -- which I posted -- agrees exactly with the material -- you have -- from Pacific Rim (1982). The only "discrepancy" is with the new Berkey material posted by Chuck with a date I can't read. The Berkey material and the Rodenstock material don't match up. I'm not saying which is correct -- maybe they both are.

Do or do not. There is no try.

I recently sold a 90mm to another list member and it was clearly marked MC on the barrel.

What we have here is one a dissident promoting his opinion with no personal experience with the lens in question. Evidence counter to his posits would be a distraction for him. IGNORE.

I have no opinion. I don't have any "belief". I am not dissenting from anything. I'm simply asking a question -- and getting attacked for doing so. Seems contrary to the purpose of a "forum".

The evidence from Rodenstock and Berkey are clearly completely different.

Attempted insults do not answer any question.

P.S. I'm very happy with my Rodenstock lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    I have no opinion. I am not dissenting from anything. I'm simply asking a question -- and getting attacked for doing so. Seems contrary to the purpose of a "forum".
    You are enjoying attention through a contrived issue. There is no issue. Get over it.