Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay reseller

Ebay reseller

I have some photo equipment that I do not use, and I am not sure I want to deal with the hassles of Ebay. Is there a decent Ebay reseller for camera and optical gear?

Ebay reseller

Hi Ed, I don't know of a specific reseller for camera gear (although I am sure that exists) but if I were you I would try eBay myself. It is really not that big of a hassle. I have been buying and selling camera gear on eBay for a couple of years now and haven't had any problems at all. A reseller will take a good chunk of your sale price as a commission and they typically don't do a great job decsribing the product. Why don't you try to sell one item yourself and see how it goes. If after that expience you find that it is indeed too much hassle you can still find a reseller then and go that route. Good Luck
    Juergen

Craigclu

Ebay reseller

It is quite easy to sell, especially after doing a few things. Downloading TurboLister can streamline things and allow you to tweak things off-line and save listings for tuning up and uploading at a more optimum time. If you've got very little feedback it might make bidders a bit nervous on large ticket items but a sincere, short story pasted into your listings may ease bidder anxiety.

Ebay reseller

You'll find the biggest problem to selling on eBay is the morning after everything sells. Than you have to pack it all up and weigh it. After it's all gone and you got all this money you'll start finding all sorts of fun things to buy on eBay. Which you'll buy...and resell 6 month from now...and buy new things...etc.

Geos

Ebay reseller

I have several auctions on Ebay now and several more to come with respect to darkroom stuff. I have never had so many questions as with these items (Zone VI). It's work intensive, with photographing the items, unpacking, packing, measuring, checking shipping costs, listing with a well written story, answering questions quickly and accurately. It's almost not worth it. I wouldn't sell inexpensive stuff on ebay unless I needed the money. However, in a few weeks the pain will be over. Hopefully in the end I'll be happy as I hope will be my customers.

Ebay reseller

OTOH, you might want to call Jim at Midwest Photo (614-261-1264 email jim@mpex.com). You may well find that the prices Jim offers for LF equipment, both large and small ticket items, is close enough to what you would reasonably expect to get at auction that it is not worth your while to go the auction route, especially when you remember to subtract the fees you pay to eBay and PayPal. Worth considering.

Ebay reseller

I occasionally have sold large format equipment by listing it at rec.photo.equipment.large-format.marketplace (hope I've got that right, it's an offshoot of the rec.photo large format news group) and in the photo.net large format classifieds. It's much less hassle, no photographs to be made, no endless questions from people who don't bother to read the description of the item, no commissions, etc. I just ask what I think is a fair price, which conceivably is less than I might have gotten on ebay but might also be more. I don't think anything I've listed in those two places has ever failed to sell. APUG also has a classified ad section though I've never used it.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Ebay reseller

eBay itself owns a reseller company called www.auctiondrop.com. In the SF Bay area, you drop off your item worth over $50 and they deal with it from there. Possibly they have other locations.

Ebay reseller

I sold a few items of camera gear in the Photo.net classifieds. It was quick and painless and I recieved a fair price.

Ebay reseller

Ted, are you trying to fill Eugene's shoes?!!!