Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No Crowds!

No Crowds!

This insular pinhead had written down the Washington locations mentioned since I haven't been there yet. Thank you, Paul. I didn't think it a stretch to figure out why such information might be in the "location/travel" part of the forum.

No Crowds!

Beach3, Beach4, is this somewhere in North Korea?

Beach 3, Beach 4, Ruby Beach, First Beach, Rialto Beach, and Hole in the Wall are all, as I indicated, on the WA coast. WA is the postal abbreviation for Washington State, in the United States of America.

now I have to deal with insular pinheads who contribute to a thread entitled “Location/Travel” and give details about minor issues in a tiny corner of the world

Oh, give me a break. If you type 'ruby beach wa' into google, the first page of hits is nothing but info about the place. Likewise "rialto beach wa". Same thing with "first beach wa". It's not as if a second's work wouldn't have given you enough information to figure it out.

Washington has a population of 6.2 million people and is roughly 3/4 the size of the entire UK. Not knowing about Washington State is is about the same as not being familiar with Scotland, Paraguay, Israel, or Laos (by population) or Syria, Cambodia, or Senegal (by land area).

I agree with you that one of the two of us is an insular pinhead, but I'm reasonably confident it's not me.

I'm also fairly sure that the last time I was in the UK they sold world atlases in the bookstores. You might want to buy one; it will help in your studies.

No Crowds!

Bill, congratulations on contributing the most cretinous comment yet.

No Crowds!

Poor mark, y'all in Londonistan still can't get over people who accurately call things what they are. Would it make you feel any better if I vow in future to use the more correct euphemism, "Rapidly Expanding non-Judeo-Christians"?

As for travel in this neck of the woods, New England remains a geographic funnel which "drains" into a single highway onto the bridge over Cape Cod Canal. Still plugged up until the little kiddies return to school in September. Then busy-ish only on weekends until mid October. Salt air keeps the snow to a minimum during the winter. Good time to be alone on the beach with a camera. Nothing but locals. Restaurants empty.

Vermont and New Hampshire have the lake visitors now, the leaf peepers in October. Heavy snow doesn't usually begin (dependably) until January 1st for the ski crowd. In between these periods, the place is a photographer's paradise.

Maine sea water is always too painfully cold to swim in. A big advantage in reducing crowds of beach tourists, especially as you progress up the coast. Except for Bar Harbor which is always packed with NYC yuppies field-testing their new L.L. Bean wilderness duds (made in China - go figure). Best two trips I ever took up there were in April and during the week between Christmas and New Year's.

Imagine being the only couple in the entire restaurant. Drinking wine and eating fresh-caught lobster in front of a roaring fireplace surrounded with potted poinsettias. Don't get no betta than that. Ayah!

No Crowds!

John,

You may already know this area but have you ever checked out Mountain Home State Forest right below Kings Canyon? Very under populated most of the year. It's a great point from which to strike out up into the heart of the Sierra as well. Huge Redwoods at the intermediate elevations. Stop at the ranger station outside the park East of Bakersfield and get the map.

No Crowds!

Hi there,

I do love this place. ROFLMAO

Smile.

Michael E. Gordon

No Crowds!

Notable places are overrated. It's the unnotable places that are pregnant with potential and devoid of crowds. I'll take that over the same ol' rehash anyday.

No Crowds!

John Cook -

The last time I was in Bah Habah the locals didn't say "Ayah". Sounded more like "Ayap" or "Ayip". They play ice golf with a red or orange ball.

Go figah.

No Crowds!

Death Valley was nice a couple of weeks ago. Only 105 degrees. Only saw German tourists in long pants.

No Crowds!

I too was in Death Valley a couple of weeks ago and saw a GRAND total of 12 cars the whole four hours I was there. Its hot but the sand dunes aren't covered with people(and their footprints) soaking in the 'experience' and ruining a good large format landscape shot from said landscape photographer. ;-)

CP Goerz<div align="center">[IMG][/IMG]</div>