Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Digital Submissions

Digital Submissions

Hi Paul, I send everything out as pdfs. Allows you to put the statement and prints sizes in an way that integrates with the images. It also allows people to flick back and forth and get an idea of the pace of the series. Some curators like having a printed version as a memory guide so I do the res of the boolet at 150. They get awful pics but enough for them to keep in a file

Digital Submissions

works fine for me, using firefox and acrobat writer (not reader). great idea Paul, navigation is straight forward and clear - provided you read the instructions of course (I didn't do so the first time, thinking it was a static pdf).
    best,

Digital Submissions

I've been sending my submissions with an attached cd with a pdf just as you describe. My presentation has been an electronic brochure within a smaller printed brochure. This way the recipient can quickly get a taste for the work and then look at a broader version of the work with the attached CD. Seems to be working alright so far; several positive responses in the last couple of months. Like Julian said, it's a nice way to keep info with the images and not need a lot of flipping about.

Your portfolio looks great, but the internal links don't seem to let me click on them. I opened it in Preview though, not Acrobat.

-m

Digital Submissions

Looks very nice. I think you should add a next and previous button to the images however as it initially appears to be a web type interface. I was initially missing many of the images when I tried to treat it like a web page. Once I figured out that Page Up and Down worked I could see the whole thing.

What package did you use to create the PDF?

Digital Submissions

It is freezing up on me also in acrobat. I usually have no problem viewing anything on the web. I have a high speed connection with a high speed bus and parallel processor; System is designed for 3d design software using Solid Edge and this thing usually flies!
    Regards,

Digital Submissions

Sorry my fault! If I click the right mouse and next page it works great. pictures come up instantly. You may want to take Larry's suggestion. That is how i figured out I was doing something wrong.
    Regards,

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Digital Submissions

Any ideas on how to get the file to open in acrobat? I could include a copy of the free version, but that doesn't seem like it will guarantee what program opens it.

If you don't know what program they're going to use, you might end up cluttering it up with several sets of navigation instructions ... not what anyone likes to see.

Digital Submissions

>>Any ideas on how to get the file to open in acrobat?

IME if they are opening from a cd it will open in acrobat. Opening from the web will open either within the browser or in acrobat depending how the preferneces of the individual are setup

Digital Submissions

On Mac, I like the open-source browser called Camino. You can see it on the mozilla site, namely www.mozilla.org

It's faster than FireFox, and uses real OS X APIs, so it looks like a native Mac application - because it is a natvie Mac application. There is a plugin for .pdf documents, which works nicely.

Digital Submissions

Hi Paul,

Your portfolio looks great. Did you create it with Acrobat or some other app?

Best,
    Kerik Kouklis
    www.kerik.com
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion