I just saw on the NEWS that AirBnB has discovered a new way for them to expand their business.

AirBnB, in case you don't know, is a website that connects property owners with short or long-term renters. It can be anything from an entire house to a room in a house to an apartment to a shed. People rent out space for a day, a weekend, a month, or whatever they want. And yes, it is important to be careful renting to people you don't know.

AirBnB has learned the need to expand, in part, because of their experience in Colorado -- where there is now AirTHC. It's the same thing as AirBnB, but because it is private property, it is legal (in Colorado) to smoke marijuana -- so renters are willing to spend more. So AirBnB has decided to encourage AirBnB "hosts" to offer other special activities, events, services, etc. -- things that renters can't get at a hotel. For example, an AirBnB host that lives next to a popular birding or hiking area can offer hikes, binoculars, bird books and information to the renters.

Me? I have an empty bed room and a complete darkroom in my basement. Most of the time they just sit there. Why not offer an AirBnB room to photographers who want to photograph Colorado and have access to a free darkroom -- with a stereo? AND marijuana?

It's not something I'm going to explore anytime soon, but it's an opportunity for sure -- and maybe for you!

Any thoughts? Since I live in the house, I'm not worried about loss, plus I can throw in tech support.