Hi,

I spent over $700 in Nov 2013 for an 'old' but new copy of Adobe Photoshop CS6. I had 4 years with the software fully acknowledged / registered by Adobe. Until yesterday.

They revoked my key. The software is either a very, very good copy of the original or it is genuine. I have the box and all the slips of paper.

In the online conversation (I was not particularly happy - nor polite - I must say) I was offered a 'discount' to upgrade to the latest product which as we all know is 'in the cloud'. This, of course, is a complete security risk.

Needless to say, no software or digital piece of work that I own is on the cloud nor every will be. I ain't stupid. Nor do I ever use a software rental model. Good luck Adobe. You'll piss enough off to break the company eventually.

I see on other forums that Adobe is doing this to quite a few customers. I am quite of the opinion that Adobe hates its obligations to those who refuse to go onto the cloud and is quite aggressively pushing them to drop the cloud-free software. Adobe along with buddies Microsoft and Norton are my most avoided software companies. It looks as though I have been scammed in the original purchase or I am being abused by Adobe. I prefer the latter.

I do happen to also be on Linux for 99% of my computing which, as you know, is free. Forever.

I have been looking at but not exploring the abilities of GIMP in the nightly-build version for a number of years. I guess I'll need to look at it more thoroughly now.

Anyone else using GIMP 2.9.6 and above ??

Cheers,

Steve