Pleased to be part of this: Somehow I got picked to be part of a very hard working and talented group of photographers for this exhibit. I have 2 cyanotypes of my daughter in the show; one from a 4x5 negative and one from a 8x10.

Exhibition: The Door Between
Public · Hosted by Maine Media Workshops

On view at Maine Media Gallery
August 14, 2017 - October 6, 2017
Opening Reception
Wednesday, August 16, 5-6:30pm

Rockport, ME: Maine Media Gallery is pleased to announce The Door Between featuring work by Valerie Carrigan, Tillman Crane, Susan Davens, Brenton Hamilton, Jeannie Hutchins, Sal Taylor Kydd, Nancy Loeber, Jim Nickelson, Jason Philbrook, Anneli Skaar, Richard Reitz Smith, Alan Vlach, and Deanna Whitman. The exhibition will be on view from August 14-October 6. An Opening Reception will be held on Wednesday, August 16, 5-6:30pm.

The Door Between features work with an emphasis on the handmade. In this digital age, images are immediate and ubiquitous--we are constantly bombarded with visual information. Both book arts and historic process photography celebrate a return to the handmade. All of the work in this exhibition bears marks of the artist’s hand, and is as much about the process of making it as about the finished work itself. The Door Between spans a wide range of subject matter, artistic sensibilities, and personal visual taste, but is united by the handmade nature of the medium.