Hi all,

New to the forum, but an established fine art photographer who has lurked and learned for years.

I have a background in managing a rostrum camera department in a design agency as well.

I’m going to shift from Imacon scanning my 5x4 inch and 6x6 cm colour negatives, which I currently outsource, to doing it in house via a digital camera, lightbox and macro lens, shooting multiple captures per 5x4 and later assembling them in Photoshop.

Imacon output for my 5x4 images is 125cm x 100cm (file sizes usually +/- 200 Megs, 200dpi for Lightjet prints, medium format capture smaller prints). I usually have them scanned at 16 bit for manipulation, then downsized for print.

Questions…

1/ Nikon D810 (D850) or Canon D5, or other? I have an EOSM and some lenses (which I rarely use), but am not brand loyal, and want the right tool for the job, irrespective of brand (background- I used to use Leica M when I was a working pro- suited the work I did, and I loved the output with Kodachrome).

2/ 60 mm macro or 105 mm macro equivalents in Nikon/ Canon or other brand- any recommendations?

I’m obviously doing mega searches and reading before I take the plunge, but any tips would be useful to lead me in the right direction.

Much appreciated.