Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: digital vs traditional photography

digital vs traditional photography

Maybe Bruce wants to be able to get a 24x30 print from a 4x5 neg....something that can't be done as a contact using pt/pd printing. For that, Bruce's method is better. Ditto for a color printing. Everyone will use what works best for themselves and fits their vision.

if there is "shit slinging" in this thread it was introduced by people other than me. My intent in starting this threadwas definitely not to start yet another worn out flame war. if has become that then the people igniting those flames are the ones responsible for their own behavior.

Maybe Bruce wants to be able to get a 24x30 print from a 4x5 neg....something that can't be done as a contact using pt/pd printing

As the lawyers say, facts not in evidence. Since you started you sentence with "maybe" I can only conclude you are guessing this is what he meant. But as I said, this is not what he wrote. The first thing one learns in science is that what you read is what is meant, we should not add, substract, or speculate as to different meanings.

BTW You can make pt/pd prints in 24x30, it is actually not very difficult but it is expensive.

My intent in starting this threadwas definitely not to start yet another worn out flame war.

So then, what is your intent with starting this thread? You conclude your post with:

In the end both camps are right -- but have chosen different paths.

I took this to mean that your intent was to at least propose a "cease fire" and agree to disagree. I made the same mistake you and DL made, I attributed a meaning to this sentence that was not there. So now that you have clarified your intent was not to "broker" peace, then I am not clear what was your intent if not to incite another flame war.

I took this to mean that your intent was to at least propose a "cease
    fire"

You are responsible for your own misapprehensions and misunderstandings, Jorge.

You are right Ellis and I wrote so, but it seems you are reluctant to tell us your intent therefore I can only conclude it was only to create another flame war, and as Bruce said this thread is a waste of time. In the end, as you say it is my fault for trying to take you seriously....a mistake I wont repeat.

How about color Jorge? I notice you decided to leave that out.....on purpose maybe? Or maybe 40x50. As you can see, the beloved pt/pd printing has a limited niche use. MAYBE Bruce doesn't want that ;-)

Nope, I have no idea what Bruce's preference is, and neither do you. You are only guessing and reflecting your preferences, and of course trying to once bait me into arguing with you. Cant you understand I have little regard for your opinions? Why is it you keep reading my posts and addressing me personally when you know I find your arguments worthless in the face that after 15 years of "professional" photography and actually processing digital images you cannot post even a single photograph so that we can judge if you really know what you are talking about or are just only talk.

Hell, even if I disagree and dislike Butzi or I disagree with Ellis ( I dont know why but I think Ellis is all right, just misguided... :-) ) I can respect them because they can show work to back up their words. In contrast here you are pretending you know what you are talking about, but last time I requested you post a picture you had to go look to see if you had one you could post....what the hell is that? Is this the best you can do after 15 years? ;-)

Since you cannot show proof that what you say is not just the fantasies of a wannabe, I think I have wasted enough time with you.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

hmmmm. this "digital vs. traditional photography" thead isn't working out so well. I think I'll start one called "traditional vs. digital photography" and see if it goes better. i'm actually feeling lucky ...

Give that a try Paulr. Just make sure you post a picture for Jorge....otherwise nothing you say could possibly be correct or have any validity ;-)