Bruce, I don't disagree with you about the ad. But since Brett's name came up and there was interest in what he had done, I thought it not too inappropriate to mention the books we are doing. As for the other, it was in answer to Jorge's "attack" (though that is too strong a word) about us not doing books of unknown photographers. Sorry it annoyed you, truly.

Jorge: Miller and Elliston are there. Lopez de Haro is not. Not yet.

So, back to the topic. My advice: It is very important to deal with your negatives--all of them. Make proofs. Live with them. Then either print or discard. If not sure, print them and then make the decision. At a certain point in one's career one learns the most from one's own previous work. If it has not been dealt with you never have the opportunity to learn from it and to keep moving forward. I believe one of the reasons Adams, past a certain point, stopping growing as a photographer is bacuse he never dealt with all of his negatives. Edward Weston printed or discarded all of his--every one he made. He kept growing as a photographer. At one point he discarded negatives, "no matter how well seen, but those I could not get a good print from."

Life's too short. Keep moving, growing. Out with the bad ones.