Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wista 45n as my first 4x5?

Re: Wista 45n as my first 4x5?

I got a very nice Wista 45D from a user on this forum and I've enjoyed it a lot. Rugged and easily packable - heavier for sure but not unmanageable and certainly easier than a monorail.

The downside for me was the limited movements but that's something a user needs to decide for themselves. Wista is a funny beast and deciding which one you're looking at takes a bit of work. The 45D looks like the 45SP but lacks the front swing of the 45SP. It does have the micro swing back though. The 45N lacks the micro swing back which may or may not be important to you. Lot's of users do amazing work with no movements but as I said, that's something for you to decide.

Good luck
    Dave

I won't get into all the other options people are mentioning. But to simply stick with Wista, I would start with one of their wood field cameras rather than the metal 45n. The wooden models are lighter and have full movements.

Quote Originally Posted by jusxusfanatic View Post
    Wista 45n as my first 4x5?

Hi there, some of you may know me from RFF... bu yea, I'm plannign on getting a wista 45n as my fst 4x5. Gonna shoot mostly landscapes, sometimes street. I was wondering if this is a good choice? I did think of getting a interpid before but changed my mind due to various reasons. Thanks
    The wista 45n was my first 4x5 camera. I works just fine for landscapes with plenty of movements. Also have been a few for cheap on ebay lately (45d as well).

Having a wood camera now as well, I'm happy to have started with a metal camera that I was less likely to damage from being a newbie.