Thread: ez focus

ez focus

Help -

Does anyone know where I can obtain an "ez focus" attachment for the Beseler MCR enlarger? The manufacturer seems to have disappeared and a Google search lists ez focus as something for Meade telescopes - not at all what I understand it is/was. A gearing attachment making the focusing smoother etc. Saunders makes a lovely attachment for their enlarger (I have one if anyone is interested) but I am not up to adapting it (even if it should be possible).

ez focus

Richard,

I don't remember if I obtained mine from the manufacturer or a dealer, but it works great. I wouldn't be without it on my 45MXT. Just do the rough focus by eye, then use the E-Z-Focus for fine adjustment through a grain focuser.

Try Bill Carson at Carson Industries, La Conner, Washington, 98257 USA, phone 360-466-3823, fax 360-466-1192, e-mail poppie@fidalgo.net

I don't know if the device is still made or if Mr. Carson is still in business. Worth a try.

Good luck.

ez focus

Thanks Curmudgeon! But the e-mail and phone numbers no longer function. Exactly what is ez-focus and what does it do? As you can see several people love it - but what is it?

ez focus

R,

You'd remove the "fine" focus knob from either the left or right side of the lens stage and screw on the E-Z-Focus attachment. It's a compound reduction gear that engages the focus shaft. All plastic gearing. A simple looking thing, but good luck trying to make one yourself. I'm sure that the gear teeth, number of teeth and the pitch are very important relationships.

ez focus

Sounds like the one I have for a Saunders. I think/hope I can adapt it to the Beseler as noone seems to have one available.