Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How funny is this guy!

How funny is this guy!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15248&item=7523366778&rd=1&tc=photo

I was on the floor. It amazes me how passionate lens sellers on ebay are. Unique breed of seller, I have not seen one ebay lebs description without a passionate and embracing description of their lens, albeit sometimes negative!

How funny is this guy!

HAHA ijust read one of his other entrys, check this out. is a hoot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15248&item=7523401090&rd=1&tc=photo

How funny is this guy!

you must be new around these parts! dagor77 is none other than our very own andrew glover. his ebay listings are legendary... i have him in my 'favorite sellers' list just so i can easily find his listings.

How funny is this guy!

Yep, Dagor77 aka CP Goerz.

How funny is this guy!

Axle,

I've bought a couple of lenses and some misc. gear from dagor77 and its all been top notch stuff.

I can tell you that it is a great comfort knowing that my 30cm dopple anastigmat was retrieved from the wreckage of the Hindenburg, where it was save saved from destruction by being carefully inserted in the brassiere of a buxom youiong emigre russian baroness who was saved by being gently lowered to the ground by that famous 19th century landscape photographer Ansel Arbus who, suffering from double vision and at the last minute leaped for a rope to descend to his own safety but unfortunately grabbed at the non-existant rope instead. It has sincerely helped my art since I reserve this lens for only my best images, knowing that I owe it to the memory of Ansel Arbus to use it wisely and to the very best of my abilities.

Cheers!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

How funny is this guy!

Hi John.
    What a scoop, a fantastic history for a lens, it just has to be true sure it must be worth a mint!

How funny is this guy!

hey your right i am new around here.would be an honour to meet this character.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

How funny is this guy!

Love the ads.

Are apo tessars really supposed to stink?

A friend uses them on his 8x10 for contact printing (with a packard shutter) and i always thought the results were incredible. I assumed enlargements would be terrible, but that's a different story.

Terence

How funny is this guy!

Dagor77 has a running "vendetta" against Schneieders as a foil to the beloved Dagors. I've found the center of tessars to be very sharp, but the edges are not so hot.

How funny is this guy!

I bought the sharpest lens I own from Andrew.