Dear All

Thought I should introduce myself to the community.

I've been interested in photography for 35 years. Interest has ebbed and flowed. Mainly interested in street and available light types of photography. Whilst I still have a number of film cameras my go to cameras have been digital Leica Ms and more recently the SL...

However, I've been increasing resistant to digital - a reaction to the ease and speed which are its obvious charms. I've been finding myself pulling out my old Rollei TLRs and Mamiya 6. Whilst they were a step up I realised that I wasn't so much after the bigger negative but more the greater and more thoughtful approach to photography. It also made me realise that I want to move to a more studied approach than MF film...

So, on the weekend I pulled out my Linhoff IV and began to achieve what I was looking for. A best afternoons shooting I've had for years - only 4 images captured and no nothing yet developed! So much for instant gratification. And now I'm here because I want to learn more about LF and I think I want to try 8x10...

I live in New Zealand, so I will most likely be buying an 8x10 camera and system sight unseen. Moreover, repairs are costly and time consuming - assuming the camera or lens has to be sent to USA, Japan or Europe for a repair. I thought this forum would be a great place to help me on my quest. And hopefully one day I can contribute something back.

Best

Murray