Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega2 vrs Beseler45MXT

Re: Omega2 vrs Beseler45MXT

Arca Andy, after using quite a few enlargers I really appreciate ease of alignment and the ability of keeping this adjustment.
    John Layton explained it pretty well, based on my own experience I have to agree with him (although I don`t exactly have the mentioned models, but others based on the same design).

The OP mentioned the Omega D2, which does not have the the variable condenser for use of different formats up to 4x5 and I think the D2 or DII does not have the filter drawer (you would have to use under the lens filter set up for V.C..The omega D2V does have these things mentioned above, as does the Bessler 4x5 MX.

If the price is right buy both! Both are great. I have accumulated a lot of Beseler stuff. I have one 45MXT set up with a VC head, and one with a dichro 45S color head. I bought my first one new in 1973, $400 US. I haven't used the condenser head for quite a while, but the Beseler has a nice filter drawer, you just adjust the condenser to film size. Lens boards are 4x4 inch and can be found cheap or made.
    Best Regards Mike

Again thanks for your excellent replies...though I am not sure about parties in my darkroom! I think I'll go for the Omega, I mean Beseler, no ...maybe I should get both?
    'Life is tough, but its tougher when you're stupid' John Wayne