Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any large format users in washington here??

any large format users in washington here??

Thanks for the info Kerry. You do a marvelous job of moderating over enthusiastic people like me.

Bill,

There is no such thing as over enthusiastic when it comes to the Washington wilderness. As much as I love Oregon, when it comes to large wilderness areas, Washinton wins hands down. Don't get me wrong, Oregon has incredibly diverse and beautiful natural scenery, much of it easily accessible (the entire Oregon Coast, the Gorge, Mt. Hood, etc.), but for large wilderness areas and multiday backpacking trips, Washington has more to offer. I try to make it up to Washington at least once a year for a backpacking trip, but with so much to chose from (Mt. Ranier, the Olympics, the North Cascades, the Alpine Lkes, etc.), I have yet do an overnight trip to the Glacier Peak Wilderness. I have all the Green Trails maps and the guidebooks and often dream of places like Image Lake, Lyman Lakes, Spider Meadows, the Napeequa Valley, etc. I envy you that you live so close to this wonderful area.

Kerry

'....often dream of places like Image Lake, Lyman Lakes, Spider Meadows, the Napeequa Valley, etc.'

Kerry, you are probably aware that all the places you mentioned in the above are part of a well known loop trip.

I have heard this loop referred to as the 'Trinity Loop', but Ira Spring & H. Manning ('100 Hikes in Wash Glacier Peak Region) call this loop the 'Spider Gap - Buck Creek Pass Loop'.
    Image Lake is usually added as a side trip and High Pass could easily be a side trip too (I think you'd be crazy not to go on over to High Pass if anywhere near Buck Creek Pass).

I've never done the Trinity Loop as a single trip but have done most of it's parts as separate trips. I went up to Buck Creek Pass 5 times last summer and made 3 side trips to High Pass (I guess I was in love).

From High Pass you can descend into the Napeequa Valley.

Bill

hello everyone,
    sorry haven't replied yet...was on vacation, went back home to texas to see family and no did not get chance to shoot anything. if i went 2 months earlier, could've caught the bluebonnets.
    i know this comes as no suprise to all but my have things changed!!! places closed and new places have taken growth fast. anyway, it is really hard for me to make time to go anywhere during my work-week, i work wed-sat 1-11:30 pm at the airport. when i get the chance i ususally try and go and shoot. i would like to go and shoot here soon if anyone is interested, give me a shout. i will not be able to really do anything this week, but next mon-tues should be open. have a pack of velvia am waiting to use and would like to see what this baby can really do!!! any way gotta go, looking forward to hearing from somebody.

am back...if anyone is interested to go out and really shoot i will gladly say hell yeah and pack my baby in my car with a sack lunch and drinks (sorry don't drink beer or anything like that...have to drive you know..hahaha!). if you wish to give me an email, will give you my number and we'll talk it over! i really would like to meet some of you folks up here, i am new to this and whil some of this is very elementary and fun there are things i would like to know that a book won't teach me, as i learn by doing and practice. i have to go and get another holder,only have 2 right now and it kinda limits my shooting ,you know?! i know of a few nice places other than mt rainier that might be fun and are architecture related. will be waiting to hear from you all soon!!! :-)

happy shooting!!!