Raymond, When I go on day trips, i.e., when I don't have to carry shelter and fo od for several days, I carry lots of stuff: 6-8 sheet film holders, readyload ho lder and a couple of boxes of readyloads, 4-5 lenses, camera, meter(s) filters, accessories, monster tripod, etc., etc., but it's still a pretty light kit when compared with what some people carry aroung routinely. However, when in the wild erness for an extended period, and carrying 35+ pounds of other gear, I try to t rim down as much as possible. The monster tripod gets replaced by a Bogen 3001 w ith a lightweight ball head (I can't afford a Gitzo Mountaineer just yet), the t wo heaviest lenses stay at home (I take the wider ones since I can always crop l ater if I have to), and I bring only the lightest meter and accessories I have. My lenses have been chosen for fieldwork and are extremely small and lightweight . I still carry 5 or 6 filmholders (I can't give up my Tri-X!) and I bring the r eadyload holder and lots of lightweight readyloads in plastic zip-lock bags. I'd leave the filmholders home too if I could get the Tri-X in readyload! Surprisin gly, I don't feel limited by this at all, and when I go day-tripping fro base ca mp, my kit is rewardingly light and I have both hands free for scrambling over r ocks, etc. My philosophy and recommendation: travel as light as you can! Regards , ;^D)