I would say that significantly more than 10 were made of the 1780mm/f14 APO

The majority of the 1780mm and 1800mm APO lenses out there were indeed manufactured for reproduction cameras. Not just for graphics but more importantly for mask reduction for semiconductor chips in the early days (lithography)

Three companies had an 1780/1800mm style lens.

Nikon Nikkor APO
Goerz RDA APO
Rodenstock RONAR

Some of these came in 1 or two versions (like RONAR CL) or simply 1780 or 1800mm.

I know for sure that there were 30 RONAR's made, talked to the guys that actually designed these and sold them.

I personally have the 70"/f16 RDA Goerz and based on info I gathered over the years, I suspect that the number that was sold exceeds 30. There were a lot of lithography cameras out there. Plenty of them used 1200mm for graphics but I've been told that semicon lithography was the main driver.

As for Nikon Nikkor 1780 and 1800mm lenses ... 50+ easily both combined.

When the semicon lithography cameras disappeared in the 90's, so did the lenses. Some of them were given away, others were simply destroyed by recyclers that went for the metal and discarded the glass.

Between US and Europe I know about 6 Nikkors, 4 Ronars and 3 Goerz in the 1780 and longer focal length. This is in my limited circle ... there have to be more out there dormant.

Just my 2 cents.

There was also the 2500mm Boyer, I believe less than 20 made.