Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lens for nude shoot

Re: Lens for nude shoot

Okay thanks for all the replies..........sorry I was vague with my initial post, so let me give you some more info The Wisner camera that I have is a Wisner 4 x 5 Tech Filed The lens that I want to use is a Nikon Nikkor-T* ED 360mm F8 Lens............The models are cool, I'm paying them and as long as they get paid they dont care what my photos look like..........its a financial transaction.
    Ive rented a one bedroom suite with its own private pool so we will be able to shoot both indoors and out.
    Im using 100 ASA film and Profoto B1 heads with Profoto Air trigger
    Come and see what I have done up and until now at www.neilsphotography.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    The relevant formula, which you neglected to present, is: 1/f = 1/Ds + 1/Df
    Where Ds = distance from lens to subject and Df = distance from lens to film.

The gotcha here is that the D dimensions are measured from the front and rear lens nodes.
    On "normal" lenses for various formats, those nodes may be close or even coincident.
    But on long lenses they can be separated significantly.
    On a telephoto lens, the rear node is generally way out in front of the front element.

- Leigh

Right now I'm going to meter the ambient, add 1 full stop and then add 20 to 30% fill flash. I will shoot first with my Leica S007 without adding the 1 stop and see what they look like

360 is far to long to shoot indoor......

Quote Originally Posted by locutus View Post
    360 is far to long to shoot indoor......
    Even for a head and nipple shot???

Model: Why do you choose such cold days for outdoor nudes?
    Me: It's not cold. It's nippie.

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    Even for a head and nipple shot???
    For this it should work, its about like a 100mm lens on 35mm, if the room is large it should even be possible to shoot full body!

Cheers Armin

Unless you are doing very close up anatomical mages, you probably don't need to worry about a bellows factor.

I would suggest buying a decent meter like a used spot meter or luna pro instead of wasting so much time and mental gymnastics going back and forth from one camera system to the other trying to figure out exposure by such a hunt and peck methodology. You can do that, but a simple hand held meter will make life much easier.
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by lenser View Post
    Unless you are doing very close up anatomical mages, you probably don't need to worry about a bellows factor.

I would suggest buying a decent meter like a used spot meter or luna pro instead of wasting so much time and mental gymnastics going back and forth from one camera system to the other trying to figure out exposure by such a hunt and peck methodology. You can do that, but a simple hand held meter will make life much easier.
    I already have a Sekonic 758DR.............that I will take with me. The point of using my Leica S is #1 it takes frigging amazing pictures, and # 2 its a cover my a$$ to at least confirm what the exposure should be. After spending $1500 on room and model feels I want to make sure I get some decent pictures with the S and hopefully get some nice shots with the Wisner.............we will see

After spending $1500 on room and model feels I want to make sure I get some decent pictures with the S and hopefully get some nice shots with the Wisner.............we will see
    Suddenly everything is much clearer.

I am sure it will go well. The models in your website look very much at ease.