Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Other formats ?

Other formats ?

Its 4x5 or D-70 these days.

Other formats ?

120 in 6x6, 6x7, 6x9 & 617 for those times when distance, subject matter, and travel issue dictate the smaller format.
    4x5 when I'm traveling by car or air and the US airlines are being nice and the security/airport folks in Europe are cooperating.
    8x10 when I'm inspired and determined to hike like I did when I was young and,
    16x20 when I don't have far to go from the SUV to set up!

Cheers

Other formats ?

35mm in Yashica FX-2's (2) and Nikon F5. 120 in the Etrsi (6x4.5) and Agfa Super Isollette (6x6), 4x5 on my restored Korona wood field,
    Fuji S2 and Nikon D70 for most commercial work (advertising, events, etc).
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Other formats ?

The medium format gear is now pretty much restricted to studio work, on projects for which that format is a good fit. But, my Leica rangefinder goes everywhere my 8x10 and/or 4x5 go. They're pals. ;-)

Actually, the Leica is great for documenting other aspects of the LF adventures, so I almost always take it along, too.

Other formats ?

Hi Calamity,

Started out 23 years ago with a Minolta X700. Still have it for family stuff and slides.
    A fifty+ year old Yashica Mat TLR. Light weight. Very sharp. 120 - 6x6 format. No batteries / no meter. Gotta love it.
    A twenty year old Mamiya 1000S system. 645. For more "serious" mf 120 work.
    My first 4x5 is a fifty+ year old Crown Graphic. The negs are still amazing to print. Fun to use as a handheld. No batteries / no meter. Gotta love it.
    Recently bought a 50 year old B & J wood view 5x7 w/ a 4x5 back. (Really want a 5x7 back for contact printing - still looking). Again - No batteries / no meter. Gotta love it.
    Had a Kodak Retina IIIc but sold it. Shouldn't have. I'd like it back now.
    Full darkroom. B & W only.
    "Hobby out of control"
    No pixels.
    HARUMPH!

Other formats ?

Until recently when the diaphram went "funny" I always carried an old Voigtlander Bessa ll, nice camera, smashing format, nice bit of glass, in the van that I drive for a living. AVoigtlander Bessa l might be better but just compare the prices.

Other formats ?

Ralph,

Nice shot. Wish I'd a thought of it.
    HARUMPH

Other formats ?

Beside 35 mm that I mainly shoot for stock agencies I use a lot 120 roll film. Cameras for 6x9 cm include Arca Swiss, Fuji, Mamiya and home made ones with lenses going from 50 mm to 600mm. Then come 6x12 cm home made cameras with lenses from 135 mm to 800mm, 6x17 cm format, Torpedo 6x18.5cm home made and finally 6x24 cm home made that one too. Some other formats don't get much use these days like 24 x120mm and other stranger stuff but they are ready just in case...

Other formats ?

Horseman 45/FA that I use mostly for 4X5, but I also have a 6x7, 6x9, and a polaroid back for, but I don't use them very often. Then I do a lot of 35mm with two Nikon F2 bodies. One wears a motordrive all the time and the other dosen't. I wish I had the lenses for 4X5 that I have for 35mm.

dee

Other formats ?

Colour is almost entirely shot on digital (Pentax *ist-D) but I am playing around with E6 in homebuilt 6x14 panoramics.

B&W can be 35mm (Pentax MX or LX), 6x7 (Pentax again) or 4x5 depending on what I am doing and how much gear I am prepared to lug. If it's portraits at home then it can be 35mm handlheld and 4x5 from a tripod in the same session. I find that weaving around with the 35mm gives me ideas that I then set up carefully on the 4x5.

I'm travelling to the UK in August and I'm still at a loss as to which cameras to take. I know the *ist-D will come, but exactly what else is the problem. If I was confident enough to take exposed film through x-ray scanners then I might bring along the Speed Graphic and a changing bag. As it is, I'll probably have the MX as a backup for the *ist-D and maybe the 6x14 and/or a Moskva 5 for MF.