Here we go three years in a row!

WHO: Large format photographers

WHAT: Photography gathering: making pictures, telling lies, drinking wine, beer, and/or other fine elixirs.

WHERE: Alabama Hills, CA.

WHEN: May 5-7, 2017

OTHER: Bring your own cameras, film, tripods, etc. Make your own food, travel, and sleeping arrangements.

Back by request: Since we had a little bit of trouble finding everyone last year, we figured the Tuttle Creek Campground would prove to be a good base station from which to meet. Organizing the Alabama Hills and Joshua Tree gatherings can be a bit of a logistical hassle, as campsite situations change with little notice and there is very limited cellphone coverage (It seems that every year, there are people that cannot locate us, this includes international visitors). So, while not our favorite place to camp, we think it provides the best opportunity for us to meet and organize, which is always a fun part of why we set these events up.

The Tuttle Creek Campground is a BLM campground located just south of Alabama Hills off Tuttle Creek Rd, and about 4.5 miles SW of Lone Pine, CA.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tu...8e9dede5fa9018

GPS: 36° 33.902'N, 118° 7.527'W

Cost per site is $5/night, First come, first served

Official Website appears to be down.

As usual, I will try to be there early to set up camp and will update the thread providing campsite information for those that may arrive later. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. I look forward to seeing you all there.

-Daniel