Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helioprint/Repromaster 150mm F9

Re: Helioprint/Repromaster 150mm F9

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Dan, this attitude (regardless of intent) is what keeps this forum from flourishing more. I have heard many say they stay away from here due to elitist posters and rudeness. There was just no reason for it. Suggesting the books is fine but \the intro sentences were totally unnecessary.
    +1

I would never treat a person like that...no matter how much I know (or think I know).
    I doubt that he treats people like that in person because if he did, he would have learned his lesson long ago...I would hope.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg

Bryan, Randy, I don't know about you but I was certainly born ignorant. As you both should know, I'm a Certified Ignorant Barbarian. I took the course, passed the exam, have the certificate.

People who post in public forums must be prepared for responses that don't please. Mark, you are too sensitive by far. I have the impression, possibly mistaken, that your ideas about lenses came from using small format cameras with focal plane shutters and interchangeable lenses. If you're going to do LF and especially wet plate you'll have to escape from that cage.

Bryan, I'm glad you came forward and give the OP useful advice. You and I are the only people in this great wide forum to have given him anything. Randy, you've done nothing so far to help him.

I get it Dan. And suggesting the books is great - I read Adams' "The Camera" and "The Negative" front to back before I took one exposure on LF. The ignorance comment is just unnecessary and off-putting for most, regardless of how well-meaning you may have been.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Randy, you've done nothing so far to help him.
    Could it be because I know nothing of those lenses, therefor had nothing to offer about those lenses? But letting him know that he is not alone in his recognition of the "internet bully syndrome" can be helpful as well. For future reference - from now on when I come across an obviously rude comment posted by you, I will just report it.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52893762/bigger4b.jpg