Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Processing 11x14 Film

Re: Processing 11x14 Film

Wow. Thanks. I have a couple projects in the works. Was it difficult making a light trap for the lids?

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

I use a Jobo 2500/2800 drum. I have a processor but I have used a roller as well. I have 3 different Jobo light traps/funnels. The print cup, the funnel that connects to a center column, and a "blocked" funnel like what comes on the Expert tanks. The cup works great.. If you have enough column you can use the funnel with the column in place to block light.
    Probably the cheapest is to find a Beseler or Unicolor print drum. People give these things away. After processing in the tube, I remove the sheet from the tube. Next, in a tray, hypo clear (helps to remove the purple) then wash in 20 C running water in a tray.

I use Unicolor drums for 11x14 film. It avoids film scratches, and is much easier, if you fill the drum to the top with water, then remove the sheet of film.

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    @Oren:

Can you tell me how you do it? Two sheets in the 3062? I've had great success with a 2000 series Jobo setup doing 11x14 and 14x17 one sheet at a time but when doing 2 sheets of 11x14 in the 3062 the result isn't always the best - especially with Pyro developers that get all sorts of nasty lines from the ribs in the tank. Rodinal seems to be better for sure. I'm experimenting a bit with creating inserts that protect the film from the ribs.

Best, Angus
    Hi Angus,
    My local art supply shop sells 1mm thick polypropylene sheets in A2 size. This is a flexible sheet that is easy to cut with scissors. I have used this as a sleeve in my 2XXX tanks for 11x14 film.
    Let me know how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkillmer View Post
    Hi Angus,
    My local art supply shop sells 1mm thick polypropylene sheets in A2 size. This is a flexible sheet that is easy to cut with scissors. I have used this as a sleeve in my 2XXX tanks for 11x14 film.
    Let me know how you go.
    Thanks for the tip. Sort of the direction I'm trying - of course it works better/easier when you only have one sheet. For the two sheet variant for the Jobo 3063 tank - I'm experimenting with non-stick polypropylene and giant snaps to hold the film in place and not shift around. So far my prototypes haven't struck gold yet! When I do I'll share my ideas with the forum.

I use Jobo 2840 tank. One sheet per tank. Rodinal semi-stand.

Japan Exposures

Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    For the two sheet variant for the Jobo 3063 tank - I'm experimenting with non-stick polypropylene and giant snaps to hold the film in place and not shift around. So far my prototypes haven't struck gold yet! When I do I'll share my ideas with the forum.
    Why not use the Job clips? They clip on the ribs (the bigger ones) and nicely hold things in place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95522sixNEW.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	161281

Catlabs have them, but pricey and I am sure you can find elsewhere or similar.
    Last edited by Dirk Rösler; 16-Feb-2017 at 01:10. Reason: Catlabs link

Jobo did make a plastic sheet with rivot buttons to hold the 11x14 film in place in their 3062 and 3063 drums (think these are the right numbers) I found one years ago and it works well. There was a thread on APUG on the steps to make one of these sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Rösler View Post
    Why not use the Job clips? They clip on the ribs (the bigger ones) and nicely hold things in place.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95522sixNEW.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	161281

Catlabs have them, but pricey and I am sure you can find elsewhere or similar.
    I have tons of those. I thought they were only for paper. Should give them a look see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wilson View Post
    Jobo did make a plastic sheet with rivot buttons to hold the 11x14 film in place in their 3062 and 3063 drums (think these are the right numbers) I found one years ago and it works well. There was a thread on APUG on the steps to make one of these sleeves.
    I'll try and find the APUG thread. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk