Thread: Where to get L-pieces for recessed Copal 0 Linhof boards, besides Precision Camera ?

Where to get L-pieces for recessed Copal 0 Linhof boards, besides Precision Camera ?

I called up Precision Camera Works in Niles, IL, and they'll be out for a while. Wondering if anyone has a line on where else I could get one set of pieces that make up the elbow for the shutter release on a recessed Copal 0 Linhof board.

Re: Where to get L-pieces for recessed Copal 0 Linhof boards, besides Precision Camer

Re: Where to get L-pieces for recessed Copal 0 Linhof boards, besides Precision Camer

Quote Originally Posted by senderoaburrido View Post
    I called up Precision Camera Works in Niles, IL, and they'll be out for a while. Wondering if anyone has a line on where else I could get one set of pieces that make up the elbow for the shutter release on a recessed Copal 0 Linhof board.
    Are you trying to describe a cable release socket? If so a camera store would not have replacement parts for a shutter. A camera repair shop would. I sold all of Marflex's Linhof repair parts to Nippon Service in NYC after Martin Arndt died. Call them and ask for Rim. Just be aware, there are several different parts involved depending on the lens focal length and the shutter.

That's a little pricey Dan. I was hoping I could grab the little metal pin thing for like 15$ or something.

Bob: That's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the little metal and plastic elbow piece that connects the socket on the side of the board with the shutter itself. I've included some pictures from elsewhere to clarify what I'm looking for.

To be clear, these are the pieces I am looking for:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parts_legend.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	160207

Quote Originally Posted by senderoaburrido View Post
    That's a little pricey Dan. I was hoping I could grab the little metal pin thing for like 15$ or something.

Bob: That's not exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for the little metal and plastic elbow piece that connects the socket on the side of the board with the shutter itself. I've included some pictures from elsewhere to clarify what I'm looking for.

To be clear, these are the pieces I am looking for:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	parts_legend.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	160207
    I told you where to go for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    I told you where to go for them.
    Yeah, sorry Bob. I misunderstood - thought you were saying I could get a different piece there. Hard to compose & read messages while on subway. Thanks for pointing me in the right way!