Hi there,

I have been a member of the forum for a few years (just reading until now) but have never worked in large format beyond a bit of experimentation at University. I am now working on a documentary on the life and work of early 20th-century photographer Olive Edis for the BBC, part of which involves the use of Olive's equipment, preferably using glass plates. As the photographer in the company it has fallen to me to undertake the challenge. I am in the process of learning how to do this, using liquid emulsion to coat half-plates of 2mm glass, first trials begin on Friday in a local darkroom. Although i have done my research in advance I am hoping someone here may be based in East Anglia (we are filming in Norwich so perperations will happen here) with experience of coating glass plates and/or working with an early 1900's half plate cameras. It would be great to have a local source for advice, and possibly to help with the production on practical aspects of creating these images. We are working to a tight schedule and filming is most likely to take place 6th/7th of Feb with the preperations over the next few weeks. If anyone thinks they can help please get in touch, (on here or email cameron@eyefilm.co.uk) Thanks very much (I will post details of the documentary on the forum once they are confirmed as it may be of interest to members)

Thanks

Cameron