Thread: 5x7 film in the US

5x7 film in the US

T-Max 100,
    T-Max 400,
    Delta 100,
    Delta 400,
    EPR

5x7 film in the US

Nord Foto in Germany lists the following as currently in stock and available:

Black & White ...

AGFA Pan APX 100 13x18 25 Sheets
    KODAK T-Max 100 13x18 50 Sheets

Color Negative ...

KODAK Portra 100 T 13x18 10 Sheets

Color Positive ...

AGFA RSX 100 13x18 10 Sheets **11/04 (I bought 15 boxes of this film several months ago and it is excellent value if you like the film. It is nice saturated colors and somewhat warm, I have also used it in 120/220 and 8x10 don’t really know how to compare it to any kodak or Fuji emulsion)
    FUJI Provia 100 F 13x18 10 Sheets
    FUJI Velvia 100F 13x18 10 Sheets
    FUJI Velvia 50 13x18 10 Sheets
    KODAK E 100G 13x18 10 Sheets
    KODAK E 100VS 13x18 10 Sheets
    KODAK EPP 100 13x18 10 Sheets
    KODAK EPR 64 13x18 10 Sheets
    KODAK EPY 64T 13x18 10 Sheets
    KODAK Duplicating EDUPE 13x18 10 Sheets

To give you some price ideas all of the color films run around $50 to $58 + shipping. As mentioned in my initial post shipping starts to get reasonable if you are shipping large quantities. For example from Germany to the US via DHL standard air services you pay 35 Euros for 5 kilos.

Nord is not necessarily the least expensive either ... just an idea of what is available on the retail market.

Also, following up on a lead from the Fuji US’ film product manager I contacted his counterpart at Fuji Hawaii (a separate company from Fuji US). He promised to email me early next week with prices and minimum quantities for all of the emulsions Fuji produces in 5x7. Once we know (or if we know) it is available to them in Hawaii we will worry about how to get it to me .... he thinks he can sell to me direct since Fuji USA doesn’t sell this stuff. If not I can go through several contacts I have in Hawaii.

Finally I may be able to lay my hands on some used 13x18 holders for anyone who is interested. Again, shipping is the kicker in the price and thus cost will depend on how many we get. They will be in the range of half the new cost including shipping and are plastic with the newer style plastic pulls on the darkslide. Please contact me offlist if you are interested and I will see what we can do.

5x7 film in the US

I shoot Delta 100 in 4x5. I am just getting into 5x7 so would like to see it in 5x7 also.

5x7 film in the US

Just FYI, J and C photo sells new 13x18 film holders.

Isaac

5x7 film in the US

I am wondering why Fuji films imported from Japan are so expensive. About half a decade ago, I bought many boxes of 5x7 Velvia over the counter at Yodobashi in Tokyo (I do not speak Japanese), and if I remember well, the price was quite comparable to what B&H charged before it was discontinued. On the other hand, price of film in France always had me sticker-shocked.

BTW, I certainly applaud the efforts you are making for the community, but personally, I am done with buying film for the next few years (my cost per sheet of 5x7 is about 30 cents, which I think would be pretty hard to beat with fresh film, and when I am not out of practice, I cut down 50 sheets of 8x10 in an hour).

5x7 film in the US

Ted, I would love 5x7 Kodak VC 160 color negative film. Currently, I am cutting it from 8x10 and it is something I do not enjoy doing. So press the flesh and make some magic, and you will be my new best friend.

5x7 film in the US

QT,

Market availability decides the price. If you are the only game in town and people need your service you can charge whatever someone is willing to pay.

5x7 film in the US

I'd like to see Kodak bring back T-Max 400 in 5x7. Fat chance that will happen...but one can always hope.

Re: 5x7 film in the US

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Harris View Post
    Please let me hear from you if you are interested and detail the emulsions of interest (e.g. 100VS, Velvia, etc.). I will then see what I can arrange in terms of film. As far as 13x18 holders go they are available new in this country from J&C at the same cost as 5x7 holders.
    Ted, I would be interested in a group purchase of 13x18cm film for my 5x7 Kodak 2D. I just picked up some holders and am ready to go.

What was the website you told me about at the View Camera Conference workshop? I believe you said www.noad.de and I tried it, but it did not work.

James

Re: 5x7 film in the US

I would love to get my hands on some colour neg film - preferably Fuji 160 Pro-S but Kodak would be fine too. I aquired a few boxes of Kodak Tmax 400 from Rob Skeoch in Toronto but it seems to be gone now. I'd like to get more of it but I'm not even sure if its being manufactured any longer.